Sunday, February 26, 2017

Corruption Exposed






The above is a partial copy of an actual sentencing hearing transcript in Vermilion County Illinois.  The words are those of Judge Craig DeArmond.  I posted these to illustrate what those of us who stand for what is right and just are up against in that county. 

Some of my previous posts offer a taste of what I faced when I tried to do my job, do what was right, do what I swore under oath I would do.  The reality is, in Vermilion County, if you try to uphold your oath of office and, in doing so, you expose the untouchables, horrible things will happen to you.  The dirty little secrets I mentioned in a previous post are touched on in the transcript.  I will go a step further than the judge did and mention Frank's full name and office.  His name is Frank Young and he was the State's Attorney of Vermilion County.

He is just one of many who hold, or have held, powerful positions who have abused their power.  Those who don't fall in line with their agenda will be trampled underfoot.  When I was dangerously close to fully exposing members of their circle they tried to silence me.  When I refused to play their game they tried to destroy my career and my credibility.  My reputation took a hit but I'm still here.  And I won't be silenced.

Another they tried to silence was Denny Davis, my dear friend and mentor.  They've tried to tarnish his credibility and reputation as well.  Most would tuck their tails and acquiesce.  We're not made that way.  So if you want to know the truth, stay with us.  Everything we say is backed up with supporting evidence.  I won't throw out numbers and statistics, or names and places without solid proof to back it up.  Arthur Greenwell's blog at blogspot.com, concerning the corruption in Vermilion County, did not do this.  We will.  Nor will we hide behind an alias. 

The untouchables use fear and intimidation, as do the gangs, to get what they want.  My message to the reader is, if you have the fortitude to be part of the solution then do so.  Otherwise you're part of the problem.  Regardless of excuses, ranging from fear to ignorance to complicity, you are still part of the problem.  Yes, that includes you Danville and Vermilion County officers.  Going along with their program makes you complicit. 

So decide today which side of the fence you're going to be on, and straddling it makes you nothing more than a coward.             

7 comments:

  1. Hmm,,,,,,,,Interesting. Good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corruption is obvious to any one who's been a victim. It extends to the public defenders office who are more likely to fight for the corrupt officers and department than to do anything to help your case. When I heard an "officer of the law" stand up in court and lie about seeing me commit a crime, I found myself to be in utter disbelief, shock, innocent and in jail. Not to take away from the exceptions who are honest, have integrity and very hard to find. I did not experience any honesty in my Vermillion county persecution. Yes, I said persecution...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a victim of police brutality and the extensive cover up to this very day I can assure you there is something very wrong in this county.
    When cover ups are paid for with your tax dollars to keep officers on the job even when they have very shady records of conduct, even case law that indicates abuse and violations of the law, it undermines the entire judicial system and erodes public trust in law enforcement. The policies in place that allow an entire department to be immune from prosecution is absurd to say the least.
    They do retaliate against whistleblowers as me and my family are living proof of that after turning in a deputy in 2009 for attempting to kill me for nothing more than asking him to stop punching my wife in the face repeatedly. We face constant targeting by the local police even harrassment as I've reported to the states attorneys office as officers will routinely stalk us and even flip my 11 year old son off as they drive by our house at low rates of speed attempting to persecute us for what ever they see fit. It don't stop there either even the simple a t of going grocery shopping comes with them stalking us waiting outside of where ever we go to only then follow us. Make no mistake about it it's my assertion that they want me dead for speaking out about this outrageous injustice, that puts the entire county at risk as more and more citizens feel compelled to take matters into their own hands due to the distrust the earn with ever victim of their injustice.
    The county for years has been more than willing to shell out millions in what I label as bribes to victims instead of holding rotten officers accountable while forcing these victims to sign non disclosure agreements that only serve to protect themselves not the public.
    Their failure to hold the deputy I turned in cost a young man his life, a senseless murder that has been covered up in my opinion. I cant help but to feel that if I was not in hand cuffs while enduring a brutal attack I could of been him too as the same deputy that murdered him is the same deputy that tortured me, kicked my then two year old son in the chest and attempted to kill my wife.
    My struggles with the anger of this will not be resolved until the county stops covering up these crimes.
    I will never ever give up and will always keep speaking about this as it is imperative the public knows the real facts not some hogwashed make believe story comparing the murder victim to an inmate.
    I think I if the physical evidence was truly investigated the real facts would come out about how he was brutally beaten, just like me and many others before and after, and he could be prosecuted for murder.
    We need federal investigators here investigating to preserve the fundamental right to justice for all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still around? I would like to connect. Check out my blog Re: police

      Delete
  4. Kenneth, are you still around? I would like to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kathleen, if you’re out there the answer is yes, I’m around. Was out for some months, back now

    ReplyDelete